October 28 (Monday) Vectors-Where am I?
1. Reminder: This Friday Nov. 1, 2013 is the end of 1st Quarter so note Skyward and if you have a zero on anything you need to get it done and turned in. If you have an * , it means you don't have to (but can still do it) do it as it will not hurt or help you.
2. Is It Possible? Video short about dogs & humans with fainting disease.
3. Hero's Engine and the Steam Engine Demonstrations
4. Again #'s 8 and 9 are on this webpage under last Fridays page. Watch either just the second video for #9 (as it reviews #8) and try them. We'll go over them on Thursday and collect the sheets.
5. What is your Vector Hector? What a vector is, is defined and how it is different than scalars. We went into the Phet.org website to help explain what a vector is and how they add and subtract if they are in the same or opposite direction. The Phet simimulation
6. The Where Am I? class activity. I awarded 5 pts. if the group of two found it and 3 pts. if the group tried but no banana.
Here are periods 1 and 5 2012 smart board work for the worksheet Cameras! Action! Reaction!: and the video below is from last year but the same activity as 2013.
Where Am I?
Period 3, 2013
We also demonstrated Newton's 3rd Law showing a Hero's Engine and a Steam Engine in action: